Sunday, September 05, 2010

New Web Site Addition - Student's Practice Kit

Nothing like having a week off from teaching where I can work on some of the things that get pushed aside when the studio is open and I'm busy teaching. I've added a new section to the BellyUp web site designed for the BellyUp student. It's full of practice tips to help you with your at home practice, we'll have video clips of famous bellydancers that you should watch to better understand the dance form, links to good articles for you to read about the dance form, along with music suggestions for bellydancers and much more. I'll include some practice combinations for you to use at home too ... when I get the time I'll even videotape some combinations so you can have me at home dancing with you. This section is not to take the place of your class time. Getting to class regularly is essential for your development as a bellydance student. In class is where technique is broken down. This portion of the web site is only to remind you of what you need to practice and to support your journey into bellydance. Please share with me any suggestions you have for additional things I can cover to help you with your practice. I'd be delighted to include them if they are applicable and will add value to our student's progress. See you soon, Joharah

No comments: